Swyft is a great place to do exciting work with incredible people, off the wall ideas and plenty of room for experimentation.
We are a creative, hardworking team where independence, flexibility and acknowledging that change is the
only real constant, are all requirements. We believe in striking the right balance between home and work, and
sometimes our team actually likes to go home!
We’re always on the lookout for amazing people with varied skills to join our team, for now we have the following
Account Managers will be responsible for business development as well as account handling. As a result, they will be responsible for both bringing in and closing sales. Their job will involve figuring new ways to make the business grow and thrive in the face of competition. Additionally, they will be required by the CEO to develop business ideas towards improving sales record of Swyft. Once an account has been secured, they will be responsible for consistent client relationship management and they will do so by comprehending clients’ requirements and promote Swyft’s new solutions to the clients while ensuring clients continue to honor the present arrangement, long term.
Ideally, it is recommended to have Business development people involved in the public relationship aspect of the company, given the job is at least 80% client facing with roping in clients or starting a conversation that puts the company in good light as one of the responsibilities.
Responsibilities (Job Description)
- Develop trust relationships with a portfolio of major clients to ensure they do not turn to competition
- Devise strategies for driving sales growth across the business.
- Analyze existing approaches to the development of business and making changes where appropriate.
- Set targets for new business development for the business development managers and executives.
- Interview and hire new members of the business development team (as the company grows)
- Implement new business initiatives across the new business and sales teams.
- Work closely with members of the team, the CEO and COO to generate new business within large accounts.
- Identify sales opportunities as a result of market changes.
- Set up meetings with prospective customers to sell the company’s products and services.
- Implement sales incentives to drive sales performance within the team.
- Act as a key contact for large customer accounts.
- Form strategic partnerships with other companies to leverage their existing networks.
- Set and achieve tough but achievable revenue targets.
- Negotiate sales contracts with customers and ensure their profitability.
- Work with the marketing team to devise marketing materials and tools to support new business teams.
- Monitor customer satisfaction with existing clients to ensure service delivery.
- Generate business leads and follow up on sales opportunities.
- Cold call potential customers and build new relationships.
- Establish customer needs and sell Swyft’s value proposition, especially in the last mile B2C and B2B segment to both businesses and consumers.
- Work to meet weekly and monthly sales targets and KPI’s.
- Following up swiftly on sales enquiries and sending out of company information.
- Work closely with other teams to develop new business.
- Attend industry events worldwide in order to generate business leads.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of key customer needs and requirements
- Expand the relationships with existing customers by continuously proposing solutions that meet their objectives
- Ensure the correct products and services are delivered to customers in a timely manner
- Serve as the link of communication between key customers and internal teams
- Resolve any issues and problems faced by customers and deal with complaints to maintain trust
- Play an integral part in generating new sales that will turn into long-lasting relationships
- Prepare regular reports of progress and forecasts to internal and external stakeholders using key account metrics
- Proven experience (3+ years) as key account manager with a 3PL carrier
- Proven knowledge of 3rd party logistics services within South Asian and MENA markets.
- Experience in sales and providing solutions based on customer needs
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude in building relationships with professionals of all organizational levels
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability in problem-solving and negotiation
- MBA/BA in business administration, sales or relevant field
- Proven sales track record
- Experience in customer support is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g. Salesforce or any Swyft will use)
- Ability to build rapport
- Time management and planning skills